Okay let’s start with the basics.
What is a modeling contract?
Is an agreement that both parties, the model and the agency must agree on before marketing the model. There are many terms and conditions included in the agreement such as:
- How the model’s income will be split between the model and the agency.
- Duration of contract (auto renew or not)
- Exclusivity of the contract
- Model’s behavior and etiquette
- Occasionally taxes, model expenses.
Mainly there are 4 different types of contract that are being offer to models by almost any agencies and that includes:
- Exclusive contract
- You’ll be exclusively managed by your agency and you will not be grant freedom to work with any other agencies for as long as your contract is due. Therefore, it is crucial for models to clarify every single information on the contract before signing on the dotted line and ensure that it is a