Sleeping Beauty Turquoise: A Tale of a Rare Mountain Gemstone
Everyone loves the blue color. Prized for displaying a calm and tranquil tone, blue has often been linked with the water and sky. Blue also signifies royalty and serenity. These are some of the reasons why everyone adorns the gemstone – Sleeping Beauty turquoise. To possess jewelry with this variety of gemstone is like looking at the vast ocean.
This variety of gemstone is popular for its pure sky blue color that shows rare or no matrix. This mesmerizing stone is named after the Sleeping Beauty mine, where it is found. As per belief, the mountain resembles a sleeping woman, laying on her back with folded arms. This mountain was named long ago, however once the mining got started the name got stuck to the gemstone.
History and Turquoise
In ancient times, turquoise was used by Egyptians for making ornaments. They preferred turquoise gemstone with dark-blue shade whereas the Italians fancied the light blue turquoise. However, this variety of stone has made a remarkable effect on the history of the turquoise gemstone. The famous stone was accidentally discovered from Sleeping Beauty Mine in Globe, Arizona that was opened to extract copper and gold. Today, it is the largest producer of turquoise in the United States.
Turquoise is known for its healing properties since long back. The stone is also one of the oldest protection amulets, and it was recognized as the symbol of prosperity among ancient civilizations. Some of the popular beliefs are:
- The gemstone augments the body’s immune power.
- As an efficient healer, turquoise provides comfort for the spirit and well-being for the body.
- It supports the meridians and the understated energy fields of the body, improving the connection between the physical and psychic worlds.
- Turquoise unites the heaven and earth, thereby revitalizing the energy of the body.
- During deep meditation, turquoise prevents an individual from losing touch with the conscious mind.
Why this is a prized gemstone?
The precious gemstone has a significant importance as an ornamental stone for years. Even today, this gemstone is used in various jewelry products. The unique quality of earrings, rings, bracelets and other jewelry products studded with Sleeping Beauty turquoise gemstone is that it lends a distinctive appeal to the person wearing the finery. These beauties are often designed to add stars to both formal and casual ensembles and make the wearer look simply wonderful.
Care of Turquoise Jewelry
This variety of the gem is quite hard and measures six on Moh’s Hardness scale. However, jewelry made from it still needs careful handling. Listed below are a few tips that can help the wearer maintain the luster of turquoise jewelry products:
- These products should be stored separately from other items such as jewelry and gemstones.
- Avoid the use of soaps, shampoo and cream on this type of jewelry items.
- Avoid wearing them while doing household chores, exercise or swimming.
- Don’t use jewelry cleaners on this gemstone jewelry.
- Always use a soft brush and soft fabric to clean ring, earrings or bracelets.
Jewelry and gemstone enthusiasts all around the world admire the grace and color of this variety of turquoise stone ever since it was found. This colorful gemstone is believed to hold healing properties, apart from lending a touch of class to the wearer. This characteristic further adds uniqueness to the popularity of this stone.
The points mentioned above have resulted in making Sleeping Beauty turquoise gemstone jewelry products, one of the most sought-after ornamental items ever since its discovery. The high demand of this gemstone clearly indicates that its popularity will grow even more in the coming days.